A Cheat Sheet for Florida Home Sellers
Posted By Victoria Boss Vero Beach Realtor || 27-Apr-2016
Are you considering selling your Florida home? You may have some questions about what to expect, especially if this is your first time selling property. Thousands of books and webpages have been written about this topic, but to make it easier for you to find the information you need, we have put together a list of eight key points to keep in mind.
Here’s what you need to know if you are selling your Florida home:
- Prepare your home for the market. De-personalize and de-clutter your home so that a potential buyer can focus on the home rather than on your things. Make sure that you clean your home thoroughly to get rid of any dust or odors.
- Let your Realtor handle prospective buyers. It’s usually not a good idea to try to hound potential buyers. Let your real estate agent do the talking – they have the training to achieve the best results possible!
- Schedule showings. Showings allow potential buyers to view the home inside and out and imagine what it would be like to move in. Accommodate reasonable requests for a showing without too many obstacles (like 24-hour notice, list agent must be present, etc.)
- Expect buyers to pry. Put away things like valuables, sensitive documents, medicines, and other personal items before prospective buyers enter your home. A real estate agent will do their best to surveil anyone who enters your home when you aren’t around, but it’s a good idea to play it safe.
- Choose pricing carefully. A motivated seller should consider location, competition, and condition when pricing their home. Remember, you can never price too low, but it is possible to price too high and discourage buyers.
- Expect to pay for small repairs up front. Contingencies are inevitable, especially when it comes to home inspections. Plan on taking care of minor repairs from the beginning. Issues that cannot be fixed should be disclosed to potential buyers and should be reflected in the home’s price.
- Don’t be discouraged by offers less than full price. Consider offers that are reasonable, and be open to negotiation. It might just be the offer you go with!
- Make sure you select the right real estate agent. If you are selling your home in Florida and are looking for an outstanding realtor, contact Victoria Boss, Vero Beach Realtor! Victoria Boss has more than 25 years of experience living and working as a real estate professional in Florida. She is a Broker Associate who is certified as a Distressed Property Expert, and also possesses Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource Certification by the National Association of Realtors.
We understand that the home selling process can be stressful, which is why we stand ready to help guide you through all of the necessary steps to ensure that your home is sold in a timely manner.For more information on how Victoria Boss, Vero Beach Realtor can help you with your home sale, please call (772) 413-0090.